Saturday 5 May 2012

The Frank Diary of Ann

A Brief Bio of D J. Donaldson and her book

 I was born in Shoreham-by-Sea on the south coast of England.  I lived in West Sussex for most of my younger life with my parents and sister and later with my husband.  Two of my published novels are set in the area.

 I moved with my husband to North Lincolnshire about ten years ago.  I still like to get down to West Sussex, not only to visit my mother, sister and my two lovely nieces, but also to catch up with old friends.

 I started writing a couple of years ago after reading a novel written by a work colleague.  My first book ‘The Frank Diary of Anne’ is a humorous diary of a fourteen-year old girl, often described as a cross between a young Bridget Jones and a female Adrian Mole.  I then published a selection of short stories ‘Short’ which is a mixture of humorous and ‘twist in the tale’ type stories.  I am currently editing my second novel, ‘Lost in the Limelight.’

 I work full-time as a litigator for a firm of solicitors based in Yorkshire and am also in my last year of studying for a degree with the Open University.  Once my studies are completed, I hope to have more time to devote to writing.

 Do you remember what it was like being a teenager? Do you dare remind yourself?

 Join Anne in her journey as she learns about relationships, love, living with her divorcee mother and the struggle to live up to her friends’ rebellious image. Her diary provides the reader with either an entertaining philosophical view into the life of a modern schoolgirl - or the naive ramblings of a deluded (and over-protected), teenager.  You decide!

 Just some of the comments made by other writers about THE FRANK DIARY OF ANNE – AGED 14 on the YouWriteOn Website:-

 • I like Anne, she comes across as a sort of middle-class Vicky Pollard!

• A great story! It was warm, humorous and realistic.

 • The humour throughout is great, and your ability to make the ordinary new is a great skill.

 If you have anywhere near as much fun reading this as I did writing it then I've achieved my goal!!
 Link to purchase a kindle version of 'The Frank Diary of Anne' from Amazon:

 USA  http://amzn.to/An5Pke

 UK    http://amzn.to/xmU52m

 Since I started writing, I have written many short stories.  As people are often too busy to read an entire novel, I decided to bring together some of what I hope are the best ones to form this small anthology of short stories.  From quirky to humorous to dark, I hope there is something for everyone in there to enjoy.

 Link to purchase a kindle version of 'SHORT' on Amazon:

 USA   http://amzn.to/wEDxky
 UK     http://amzn.to/wYOzkM

No comments:

Post a Comment